cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code DEF01

J-Ellistone
Tuning in

Hi, I have seen many others having a similar issue and I'm hoping it will be an easy fix. 

I am receiving the DEF01 error code when I attempt to register an account as well as reset my password. 

I used to have a virgin media account but not for several years so I understand if that is causing an issue. 

I have tried on multiple devices and browsers as well as the app and having the same issue across the board. 

Strangly I do have a virgin mobile account that is currently active but as I'm able to sign into the app with the sim I've not encountered this problem until now when taking out broadband. 

Could someone please reach out to help?

5 REPLIES 5

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi J-Ellistone, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the online account and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. 

Can you try deleting al the cache and cookies and if this fails please use incognito mode. 

Please let me know how it goes. 

Chris. 

Hi Chris I have tried all of the above and no luck.

Hi J-Ellistone,

Thank you for reaching back out, have you tried using a different none Virgin Email address.

Regards

Paul.

The email address isn’t a Virgin address. 
and it’s the same address that my broadband account is registered with.

Has the address you are using been used with a Virgin Media Online account in the past, if so can you try using a different one?

Regards

Paul.