Menu
Amandabooth1964
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Equifax report

A debt has appeared on my equifax account and is preventing me from getting a mortgage how do I remove it, it is not mine 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Equifax report

Consider exercise your rights under the GDPR to request the data be correct by:

Be aware that under the regulation Virgin Media have one month in which to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Amandabooth1964,

Welcome to the forums - many thanks for your post. Sorry to hear of the credit report issue you have experienced.

Since your post yesterday I can see that you have managed to speak with our customer services about this who have noted the advice given on the account. 

Are you still needing any further assistance with this?

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Amandabooth1964
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes please I would still like some help

thank you 

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your response.

I've seen that a solution was offered to you with regard to your complaint about your credit score issue over the phone. The resolution was to change your credit file. Are you still happy with this? Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please send a copy of your credit file to us and we can look at the entry for you. Please note the overall turnaround for a credit file resolution can take up to 28 days from the day we receive a copy of your file.  You can send this via email or post to the following: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk  Or Consumer Underwriting Services, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, B26 3RZ

The credit file amendments team are the only team in Virgin Media who can adjust marks on the credit report. they will review the email and act accordingly. If they are to correct this, they would send the amendment over to the credit agencies and it can take 6-8 weeks for you to see any amendments on the credit file.

Hope this helps 🙂

Serena

0 Kudos