Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Enough is Enough. Abysmal Customer Service.

Apologies in advance for the rant. A few days ago we decided to leave Virgin. We'd been with them since 2010. Mostly for just the broadband but since last year we had the full TV bundle too along with their top speed internet. Wasn't a fan of Virgin TV (or their customer service whenever we've had reason to contact them) so when the opportunity came to leave we gave our 30 days notice, decided to go back to Sky for our TV service (we'd been with them since forever until last year), while looking around for a new broadband provider. Over the last couple of days Virgin had called a few times, trying to tempt us into staying but never with an offer worth considering. Until last night, when we offered a pretty good deal to stay with them for the 100mb broadband only. We accepted and were told that an email would be sent confirming the new contract and price. Shock horror, an email never arrived. When I got back home today the internet was slow, running speed tests we were only getting speeds of between 8mb & 20mb. Logged into our Virgin Media account to see if there were any issues only to notice that a new contract was on there ready to be signed, only for £2 more than the agreed price. Called Virgin to check what was going on, apparently the contract was wrong and the nice lady agreed that the price should have been was was agreed last night. She would change it and send us a new email to confirm (again this never turned up) and put us through to the tech team who would help us with our broadband speeds. And this is when things got really bad. The tech guy swore black was blue that we should be getting the new 100mb contract (which we were still getting nowhere near the speeds) despite that contract not starting for another month. After arguing with my partner for over half an hour, during which time, I'd decided to call myself to check that we were still on our 350mb contract, which was confirmed, my partner was put on hold for another 10 mins while tech guy checked with his supervisor. After 10 mins on hold she was cut off. I then called again, was put through to the tech "experts", someone who barely spoke or understood a word of English. After the old "switch it off and on again" didn't work, I too was put on hold for a few minutes before I was cut off. So that's it. Called back. Cancelled the lot. Extremely disappointed. 24hrs on from being very satisfied with the deal Virgin offered, we will leaving Virgin at the end of our 30 days notice. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Enough is Enough. Abysmal Customer Service.

Hi Gemma,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear about your experience, this isn't the service we wish to provide.

I have had a look at your account and I can see there is a WiFi issue showing on your account, have you tried to do a pin reset on your router?

I am sorry to hear you are leaving us, the last thing we want to do is lose a valued customer, good luck with your new provider

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The WiFi issue has been resolved and it was easy enough to resolve however more of the problem was the fact that the tech team refused to listen of what speed it should be. And the fact than when we agreed to stay the amount on the contract on the account was not what was agreed. Even after we had called back and confirmed what the price should have been. Twice. There will always be problems with tech, we are a techy family and now what to expect and that things can go wrong, however we expect much better customer service than what we received. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I totally agree with you, I am sorry that you had this experience.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Even now, if you could sort out the people who work at your customer services we could come to an agreement but they really don't make things easy. If you could just answer your phones and honour the deal we had agreed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you been able to speak to the team about you billing issues?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We spoke to Virgin yesterday, who agreed to honour the amount we agreed last week, via a rolling credit that is to be applied every, though there is still some debate of how much credit we would be in as it is alot different from what was said last week. And even now the contract on the account has not been changed to what we agreed. Everytime we think it's sorted, Virgin seem to put a new spanner in the works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey SparkleyMush,

Sometimes it can take a few days for your online account to be updated from the internal system.

I can take a look at your account to see if the changes have been been made, please could you respond to my private message, that i will be sending over in a moment and I can get this looked into.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos