English speaking call centre

SHRIMPERPETER
Tuning in

How to get an English speaking call centre

8 REPLIES 8

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All Virgin Media call centres speak English, although some have accents, e.g. Scottish, …

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @SHRIMPERPETER 

There isn't a separate number to get through to an English pseaking call centre. All calls go through the same IVR system and the calls are routed to the first available agent.

It's not guaranteed to get you through to a UK call centre but choose option 4 (thinking of leaving)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

AlexanderMTTH
Superfast

@SHRIMPERPETER wrote:

How to get an English speaking call centre

If you mean what I think you mean - you couldn't understand the advisor when calling Customer Services, you might want to call them again or raise a complaint. You can find out more here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints

I know when I spoke to someone from VM who wasn't mastering English, it took twice as long, and they did have an attitude as well.  

Alternatively, wait until one of the Forum VM staff will have a look at your case. They might be able to help. You can help them by describing your issue a bit more clear and without any personal data. 

But if you mean something else... it would be more economically feasible to outsource to one, rather than acquire one. You can try these folks: https://www.outsource-consultants.com/language/english-speaking-call-centers/ - but most people I interacted with from there have a Minneapolis accent. I've used them in the past and they were fairly good and most affordable. (They charge in $ so you would make some money there too).

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi SHRIMPERPETER,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community!

As @newapollo stated above, there isn't a specific number to contact our onshore centres I'm afraid as all of our agents have received the same training in their respected department.

Could I ask you to generally expand on your original point of contact and I'll assist as much as possible?

Thanks,

Kain

I wouldn't bother making a complaint. I have done that twice and VMB failed to respond at all!

The worst customer service EVER!

Hi @Splatmud,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you feel this way about our service. 

Is there anything we can help with?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Things still haven't changed, they're still the same they aren't interested in the customer anymore all they want to do is sell you more

Hi there @p_t_johnson 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling let down by us, if you are facing an issue at all then please do make a post here on the forums and our team will do all they can to help.