Menu
Pnefc317
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Engineers

when my contract ended i called virgin to sort it out and the offered me a new contract which has an extra box, was told they would come out and fit it 2 days later, brill i thought the next day got a text to say they where cancelling it with no date for them to come out again. still no word when they are coming out. but why sell contracts when they know they cant come out.

also added to this i was told they go out to new customers but not existing ones something not right there, i am thinking of just going back to sky because the covid excuse is rubbish

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineers

There may be more to this than what you've said, but... on the face of it....

Currently VM are only doing single-room installs and fault-fix work in customer homes - all other internal works are being deemed non-essential and are on-hold. I'm assuming that you don't have a coax install point in the room you want the additional box installed, which would be one reason why this can't be done via self-serve QuickStart.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineers

Hi Pnefc317, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that we've had to put your upgrade on hold. 

We are currently installing New Customers to ensure that they are not left without any service but as mentioned above, these are only single room installs and where possible, they are being done via Quickstart and not needing to be installed by an engineer. 

The restrictions we have in place currently are not only to protect customers, but also our engineers. You can view more on this here: Virgin Media’s Update on Covid-19

As soon as the restrictions are lifted, we will update the website on that link and we will be in touch then to book in the visit. 

Apologies once again for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos