Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Engineers pavement damage

Ok I asked the engineer yesterday to fix the damage to the tarmac pavement outside our house which he caused during the works. He said he would patch it up, but he hasn’t . I would like someone to fix it please, or the damage will get worse over time. Thanks. I am happy to forward a photo of the damage if required

B3F87924-54BB-4CBA-A3B8-4D22CD2D328C.jpeg

Damage outside my front doo

43365DB4-9D0E-4F0D-896A-66CD6C03B381.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineers pavement damage

if its on public land report it to the council they will make vm fix it if its needed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I shouldn’t have to be inconvenienced & spend my time contacting the council.  Virgin Media should repair the damage they have caused. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wowzer66,

Welcome to our Community Forum and thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear about the damage caused by one of our engineers.

Can you please email us at removed with the date and time of the damage,  your address, photo of the damage and as much information as possible so we can report this to the Area Field Manager?

Thanks,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou Lisa.

I have sent an email with the details you suggested.

We are considering switching from BT to Virgin Media, but this will depend on how my complaint is handled - I need to have confidence in your customer service as due to the shoddy workmanship of the installation engineers, I will need some convincing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sending us the details, we'll pass it on so the pavement damage can be investigated.

We hope you join us and understand that you may wish to wait how this pans out.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So virgin installed cables last month in my development. They left broken kerb stones and crushed cement kerb stones next to the grass. Who do I contact about getting this fixed. I’m not a virgin customer...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon shiffy,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to see that Virgin Media have caused some damage whilst carrying out some work.

I'm happy to look into this for you, just look out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Between 21st and 30th December, Virgin media installed new cables in the pavement of our road. They have created a trip hazard and the tarmac is still soft so more dips and cracks are appearing every day. They have used rocks and stones in the tarmac as well.

I shouldn’t have to be inconvenienced & spend my time contacting the council.  Virgin Media should repair the damage they have caused. Please can you contact me ASAP? Thank you.

07946156-5776-40BF-AFC1-AD28F2F40EF4.jpeg7CDFECFE-6032-43D7-B683-668D3C6D7713.jpeg25575716-3DEF-43C0-B10B-2C47125AA82E.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming to our Community Forums and I'd be keen to have our team visit this location to rectify

I'll drop you a PM via the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of your screen

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos