cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visit

davidr83
Joining in

I'm moving home, and need an engineer to fit the box inside after redecoration works.

The visit has been rescheduled on the day of the appointment 3 times already, without informing me. This wastes lots of my time.

Does anyone know how to get an engineer appointment to stick ? Also how do I manage these online ? It doesn't come up in my account.

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @davidr83

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues with your install appointment!

Did the team previously advise what is causing the delay with the appointment and why it was previously rescheduled? 

Are you already moved into this property, or waiting to move?

Let us know so that we can assist further.

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

davidr83
Joining in

Hello!

I haven't had any information on what has caused the delay with the appointments. I only find out because nobody turns up, I call the support line and the date has been changed.

My move date is 31st August, however there is some enabling work that needs to be done prior to move in.

Many thanks

David

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @davidr83,

I completely understand. The reason for the delay could be that if you're not moved in yet, the team did not have access to the property and possibly the needed cables. However, I'll be happy to look into this for you further and see what's going on. 

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.
Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

davidr83
Joining in

I called the direct line for the installation team, and after a couple of goes round got an installer to come. This time I got a text confirmation (which I hadn't before) and also a warning that if I missed the appointment I would be charged 25 pounds (which I thought was a bit rich). There's now a box in my living room which hopefully does the job.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @davidr83 

Thanks for your response

Keep us updated with how you get on with the new box davidr83 - my apologies for the previous inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team