Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ending contract

If I decided to end my contract after my first 18 month period would I need to give 30 days notice if I wished to leave there after?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ending contract

Yes. I got an email from them to say I only need to give 30 days' notice. I'm leaving over the customer service and loooong waits until they pick up.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes, all contract cancellations are 30 days notice, whether still within the minimum period or not. If within the contract minimum period, early disconnection fees are payable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

However, notifying VM that you wish to end your contract and actually getting them to acknowledge this are two very different things.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Sazzle121 wrote:

If I decided to end my contract after my first 18 month period would I need to give 30 days notice if I wished to leave there after?

To avoid unnecessarily charges give your notice after month 17 of your contract so that termination coincides with month 18 of your contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Omg it’s just horrendous isn’t it! And you call  n they don’t understand you! They have just put my bill up from 45 to 60 pm I’ll be leaving soon ! I would not recommend their customer service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The fact your bill has gone up should not be a surprise to you.

Look at your contract and look at every bill you’ve had. It’s all documented there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Brickwall2020 wrote:

However, notifying VM that you wish to end your contract and actually getting them to acknowledge this are two very different things.  Good luck.

well you sending it to the wrong address didn't help.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Brickwall2020 wrote:

pretty easy if you send the cancellation letter to the correct company 🤣

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@apcyberax wrote:

pretty easy if you send the cancellation letter to the correct company 

I did - to Virgin Media's registered address in the UK.  Forty days later, I have still received no response.  How long does it take to pass a letter to the appropriate department within the same company?  Had I sent it to, say, Barclays Bank or if Virgin Media's registered address was in the Cayman Islands, I could understand the lack of a response.  As it is, it is just another example of Virgin Mafia's utterly woeful customer service.   

0 Kudos