cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of my tether!

AD33
Tuning in

Some help please! 
Up until Feb of this year I was a Virgin Media customer with broadband only. Had a deal that only cost me £18 a month and discount due to end August 2023. I received the email that prices were going up etc. So we went online to see what offers for TV packages were. I signed in with my account and there was a deal for £27 a month for broadband, Mixit TV, phone line and kids channels. So we signed up for this and received a confirmation email with estimated delivery etc. 7-10 working days passed and we had heard nothing. Contacted them and they said those deals were for new customers and I should never have got that. After persistence from my end explaining this was not my issue they honoured the price and sent me the equipment. 
This was the start of the issues. Received a contract that said £32 a month and all applied discounts would end Aug 2023 instead of Aug 2024. I have spoken to multiple colleagues and keep getting lied to about this issue being fixed. Received 1st bill and it was over £50! Disputed this and was told that would not be taken….it was! Then I phoned to cancel and was told the usual early cancellation fee of £229. Colleague said in her words “your account is a mess” reassured me she would fix it. I asked for written confirmation that my bills would be only be £27 a month as agreed from now until the end of my contract, she said she would get her manager to email me…..never got it! I have raised complaints and they get resolved without anyone contacting me. Received my 2nd bill again over £50, contacted them and today was told cancellation would be £569! Have been told by 3 different colleagues today different billing amounts for the next 3 months. 
My question is how the heck do I sort this? I am at the end of my tether and am constantly being lied to! The contract I can see on my account is incorrect so how is this allowed? 
Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AD33,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear of the experience you've had, I've had a look at things from our side, and can see you've been able to contact us since you posted and everything has been explained.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

I have contacted multiple times the last few months and my issue has not been resolved! I have been promised a call back from a manager in the next few days. I won’t hold my breath!

Please keep us posted over the next few days AD33

We are unable to assist with billing/package queries on this community. We just want to make sure this gets resolved.

Gareth_L

Criminal
Joining in

Virgin Media is a corrupt, rotten organisation.  Their call centre staff are unfailingly unhelpful. The whole company is appaling.  Get out, irrespective of the cost. Then make sure you tell all your friends and family NEVER to use VirginMedia again.

I have raised it with the ombudsman as they are now claiming they emailed me a contract which I never received. I have had enough of them fobbing me off!

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Every member of staff I have spoken to tells me something different. I have never dealt with a company so useless in all my life!