cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Contract confusion. Need help from customer service

garyj147
Tuning in

Hi,

just received an email stating I am now out of contract, which is really confusing as we are expecting another 6-months of our 18-month contract to go. In addition, there is no mention of our monthly payments going up from £29 to £50 as we understand happens at the end of contract. There is annoyingly no email address to query this, which is a very unacceptable way to conduct VMs customer service.

Please could someone confirm the following...

1.  are we in or out of our contract?
  2. Are we now actually free to leave? because ever since we joined, the connectivity for wireless devices has been both extremely unreliable and appallingly slow. I am very keen to switch provider, because VM's service is the worst I have ever experienced and I don’t want to come back ever again.
Yours Sincerely,

Gary Jarvis

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gary 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there's some confusion with your contract. We don't offer a method of support via email, but you can find all methods of contact here. Are you able to provide a screenshot of the email you've received (excluding personal details), so we can advise further?

In addition, you've mentioned the connection on your devices. Is it just the WiFi, or Ethernet too? Is it on all devices, or just some?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thank you for your replying, the below pics is what we have received so please confirm if we can leave without any charges or this is a VM mistaken. 

Another question you asked, the internet wifi for the whole house is unreliable and we have contacted the support a few times by reseting the hub, change some configuration etc. But is only fixed the issue for about couple hours and the connection starts to drop on and off and very very slow speed happens again. Now we kind of fed up to contact the support because nothing ever fixed.

Last time, they asked us to pay more money to get like a VM extension or something similar but why should we pay extra money with something you didn't delivered as a speed promised and don't say that the minimum speed guarantees is base from ethernet and not WiFi because is a rubbish excuses to rip off people. To be honest, how many households that using hard wiring devices, most of them are reliable on WiFi. 

As a work from home person with unreliable WiFi, this is very very bad and very very inconvenience. Sometime the Internet just disconnected in the middle of the meeting. So that's it enough is enough.

Outlook DocumentPDF_230809_114335_1.jpg

Outlook DocumentPDF_230809_114335_2.jpgOutlook DocumentPDF_230809_114335_3.jpgOutlook DocumentPDF_230809_114335_4.jpg

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi garyj147 👋

Thank you for providing those screenshots and the additional information regarding your service. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can clear some security and I can discuss your contract and service issues further.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ