cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email received saying package has changed?

kittymum
Tuning in

I have just received an email thanking me for changing my package from player to mixit. I haven't changed my package and initially thought it was fake however I have logged into my account and it has changed but the price hasn't increased. Is this something that has changed automatically and the email is really poorly worded? Has someone accessed my account and I need to change my password? I am totally confused.

2 REPLIES 2

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @kittymum

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry for the confusion and concern the email has caused that you have received.

Essentially, we recently carried out some maintenance on our system which means different codes and names are used for certain services. These changes are all in-house and do not impact your account or your package itself.

I've located your account and can confirm that this is definitely the case in your situation - this is nothing to worry about.

Sorry you received this when you have not made any changes yourself, however, since changes have been made in the background this is an automated email which some customers have received.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's possible that VM are tidying up their discontinued packages (the Player package is one of them) and moving customers onto the equivalent new package.

The following link shows the TV Channels available in the current packages and also the discontinued packages.

Columns 1-4 are the older discontinued packages - Your Player package is listed in column 1 and the Mixit package in column 5 - as you will see you haven't lost any channels.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide 

Hopefully a member of forum staff will pick this up in a couple of days and confirm what's happened.

EDIT - Beaten to it it by @Molly_G 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali