Menu
queenpeach
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email received in error

I placed a phone and broadband order with Virgin yesterday, and this afternoon I received an email stating that the Virgin team had received my email with my “Gone Away form” (I don’t know what that is) and would review the details and get back to me within 48 hours. 

I haven’t emailed Virgin with anything like that. I can’t reply to that email address, and I cannot reach anyone by phone because I haven’t been given a Virgin phone number or account number yet. 

What I need to know is: what does this mean? Is my order still valid? Do I need to do anything, or pay the email no mind?

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email received in error

Assuming you just moved in to the property, a gone away form is used when a customer moves out and doesn't notify Virgin that they've done so.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
queenpeach
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I moved in 2 months ago, but when I signed up there was a notification saying that there was already a Virgin account active at this property, so the Gone Away form applies to the previous tenant, and I don’t have to do anything?

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi queenpeach,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Can we ask if you have spoken to our sales team recently? Are you able to give us a call on 0800 183 1234?

Our team will look in to this for you and make sure that the "Gone Away" process has been completed correctly for you. Once this has been done we can then place an order for you.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
queenpeach
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The machine asks for a Virgin Media phone number or account number, neither of which I have yet. I don’t know how to get through to someone otherwise.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us queenpeach,

you do not need a an account number as you are not yet a customer with us. When you dial the number for sales are you pressing option 1 then option 1 again to become a new customer?

This will direct you straight through to our sales team who can check if your online order has gone through and to see if a gone away form has been submitted for you.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos