cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from virgin saying can cancel without fee

Adamt1974
Tuning in

I received an email from virgin last week regarding upcoming price rises. As I signed up for an 18 month contract which runs for another 9 months I am unaffected. However the email clearly states that if I am unhappy I can leave with no cancellation fee. 

As I’ve had some real problems with virgin media I decided to take up the opportunity to leave fee free despite the fact the price of my package was not going up. However when calling customer service they said I would have to pay a cancellation fee and refused to accept what the email clearly stated.

How is that fair?! I’m not sure how I get virgin to honour what was stated in their email? Not sure if others have recently had this problem?

13 REPLIES 13

next year, 2024, when prices go up you won't be able to cancel without paying a fee 

Yes , that's why I'm getting out now

Hi cheesy1,

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to reach us.

I can see that you have been able to speak with our team and get some help recently. If you do still need anything, please just give us a shout.

Kind regards

Beth

cheesy1
On our wavelength

Yes all sorted and cancelled now after over a day trying to get through . Don't think it's right i now have to contact O2 to sort the sim out that was included in my package , signed up for the whole deal with VM but they won't deal with the O2 side of things .