cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from Virgin (included confirmation of account info) but Virgin Helpdesk know nothing about it

andrewilley
Fibre optic

I just had an email stating our broadband is out of contract (and correctly confirming the date that it expired, several years ago) offering a 25% discount on the same package if we renewed again for 18 months. Is this a known scam, as I can't see how a scam email generator would know our last contract expiry date (unless Virgin has been hacked).

Virgin's telephone helpdesk know nothing and suggested using online chat (still waiting to be connected to an agent).

Andre

43 REPLIES 43

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @adamelphick,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue. As previously advised, the email issue is being looked into by a dedicated team. They're working hard to have this issue rectified as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. 

Thank you for your patience.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

adamelphick
Up to speed

It's a real email from Virgin - but their staff know nothing about it!!  After months of wreaking havoc on our emails, they now offer things they can;t fulfill, and screw our text messaging too!  Terrible company and getting worse!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @adamelphick,

I do apologise that the team was not aware of the email. Have you been able to speak to our staff about your package and find a deal that you're happy with? 

Let us know.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I am in the middle of it at the moment.  'Please can i just have the 25% honored' is proving harder than I expected (although I am not totally surprised with the debacles of the last couple of months!.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @adamelphick,

Apologies that you're having issues with this. Please let us know how your call goes and if you need any further help or assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I am almost on the point of leaving!

Got offered this (which is almost 25% discount so close enough):

Thank you so much for patiently waiting Adam, We will honor the price that you have mentioned. Base on what you've said, the perfect package for you is.

This is the Ultimate bundle, that has

Additional Set Top Box
HEROCN4/TV4
Sky Sprts & Cinema
Sky Sports HD
Virgin TV Kids
Virgin TV 360 box
Virgin TV 360 box
Maxit TV
Volt 1GB (500-1GB) Broadband
Netflix Enrolment
Ultimate bundle
Anytime chatter
25GB O2 sim Unlimited

This offer has the original price of £136 but since you have me here on the line I will put a massive discounts on your package to help you lower your cost.

I can give it to you for as low as £64.75 for Virgin media.

£25/months for O2 sim unlimited.

This offer is good for new 18months of contract. What do you think?

Then I questioned if I could move my Netflix account over and got then a few minutes later I got this 'offer' (which is even worse and not 25% discount on my existing package:

Im sorry for the wait times Adam, Let me clear the offer that we can offer that includes the 25% discounts on your current package.

Our Ultimate bundle, that includes:

BT and Sky Sports & Cinema
Sky Sports HD
Virgin TV Kids
3 TV boxes
Maxit TV
Volt 1GB (500-1GB) Broadband
Netflix Enrolment
Ultimate bundle
Anytime chatter
O2 sim Unlimited

This offer has the original price of £136 but since you have me here on the line I will put a massive discounts on your package to help you lower your cost.

I can give it to you for as low as £87.00 for Virgin media and £25/months for O2 sim unlimited. in total of £112.00 per month that you can enjoy for 18 months contract.

What on earth is going on?  One offer almost correct, then almost immediately that is withdrawn and a WORSE 'offer' of pretty much no discount at all!?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We do apologise that this has been your experience with our team, @adamelphick.

Please discuss this further with our team so that we can look into this further for you and ensure that you have the right package you want.

If you're unhappy with our messaging team, please contact us directly on 150/ 03454541111 to discuss your package change further.

Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I'll have to call as the person in WhatsApp just cannot understand what "25% of existing contract" means.  It's scary they don't understand the simplest of things.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi do apologise that this has been your experience with the messaging team.

Our call team will be able to assist and see what offers are available for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

SAGA CONTINUES - after ten HOURS on WhatsApp I gave up and was given a complaint reference as they just can;t do anything.

I've now been speaking to disconnections for 35 minutes who tried to tell em the email I was sent was a MISTAKE as I wasn't disconnecting... true I wasn't, but the email was asking to to EXTEND my contract not to stay after instead of disconnect!

I am now being transferred to 'Outbound' whoever they are (they may have sent the email) who MAY be able to help.  Who on Earth is responsible for such terrible customer service!?!

Half the help pages on the website don't even work, including the ones that tell you about SIMs moving to O2!