cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from Virgin (included confirmation of account info) but Virgin Helpdesk know nothing about it

andrewilley
Fibre optic

I just had an email stating our broadband is out of contract (and correctly confirming the date that it expired, several years ago) offering a 25% discount on the same package if we renewed again for 18 months. Is this a known scam, as I can't see how a scam email generator would know our last contract expiry date (unless Virgin has been hacked).

Virgin's telephone helpdesk know nothing and suggested using online chat (still waiting to be connected to an agent).

Andre

43 REPLIES 43

andrewilley
Fibre optic

I called the telephone team on 150 a week ago, and did actually manage to get through to someone (located somewhere randomly overseas) but they were completely unable to help, in fact denying that the email was genuinely from Virgin at all and thus creating concerns about phishing emails knowing my previous Virgin Contract expiry date.

They suggested trying the online chat as they might know more about emails, but after over an hour and a half I gave up waiting. I did leave the computer on throughout the rest of the afternoon/evening though, and they never responded.

@Robert_P wrote:

We also have these contact methods available https://virg.in/contactvm.

Page not Found. Doing well here. 😉 I noticed there's an extra fullstop in the URL, but even if you take that out it just redirects to the same page we've all been using: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us

Andre

We're sorry to hear of the experience Andre, again, our web chat, telephone team and messaging service is based on availability and can be difficult to get through on during busy periods but we would have expected some form of response in 

If you can give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to look into this further for you. 

We also have these contact methods available https://virg.in/contactvm.

Rob

Hi Robert_P,

There are at something like half a dozen or more recent threads on here about this email promotion, and the issues people are having with it. At least two members of the forum team have acknowledged there are issues with it and said that these are being investigated. However there has been no update on this investigation yet and people are still getting the emails and experiencing the issues and raising them here. Unfortunately not all member of the forum team seem to be aware that these are problems that a number of people are having at the moment, and that the teams on 150 seem to know nothing at all about the promotion.  

This will be an internal investigation, when there is an update available it will be provided. We understand it's frustrating, people want to take advantage of the offer received via email, we aren't able to make changes to packages via the forums as explained previously which is why we have given the contact methods available.

These can be difficult during busy periods.

Rob

Finally got through on Chat after 1hr35mins to be told by the agent they were not aware of the 25% discount email  and couldn't set this up.  They then said the offer had expired despite it being sent to me by email this afternoon.  Tried offering me an 18month contract on same package for £10 more !  laughable really. 

Fed up being mucked around by VM, repeated poor service and many many hours wasted trying to speak with anyone, will call the Contracts team to end my contract and go elsewhere.  Hopefully not another 90mins wait.      

adamelphick
Up to speed

I've also had this 25% email to renew.  Again no one knows about it.  Link doesn't work.  Been waiting on WhatsApp support for hours! Earlier in the 'support' conversation I was offered a 'great' deal at more than I was paying before I lost my £10 discount last month!! Ridiculous.

Screenshot_20230717_194816_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg

Apologies for the experience and inconvenience caused, we've been made aware these emails are being investigated and looked into by the team.

We'll hopefully have an update soon and further steps. 

Rob

Oh it just gets better - so emails they know nothing of, and now today I get texts from DAYS AGO all at 05:38, including one from my bank telling me I am about to get charged fees if I don't top up before the end of YESTERDAY!!

Virgin has been an absolute nightmare lately, and is now COSTING me even more money due to their rubbish mobile network as well, that was supposed to be improved by a merger with O2!!!!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @adamelphick,

Thanks for coming back to us about your ongoing queries. The email issue is being investigated by our dedicated teams and aimed to be resolved as soon as possible.

In order to discuss your package further, please contact our team on 150/ 03454541111 or on WhatsApp on 07305327112 to discuss your package further.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am trying WhatsApp and after a whole day someone is finally talking to me, and knows nothing about the email!  The service is terrible..... how do we sort this!?