cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early termination

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone explain the early disconnection costs, theres conflicting info online.

Surely if I pay £24pm and have 4 months left it'll be 24x4 (96) then 20% vat off as you can't pay vat on a forward payment (that what sky, now tv and BT do so I assume VM do too)

So £84 to leave? can a MOD confirm or explain as VM state full prices on their website eg M100 at £44 not the rate and deals customers are paying

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your time today mrkinny.

Glad to hear the chat service was correct in giving you the EDF charges to leave.

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not necessarily needing a moderator here. EDF fees are listed on https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/early-disconnection-fees 

Your monthly amount is not what matters, but what combination of services you have.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

£76.80

😞 Oops

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's my point your link states M100 and weekend calls is £49.40 EDF, my partner is  paying £23.95.

See my problem, I'll wait for someone who knows, thanks anyway 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Broadly speaking yes, in your case around £84 to leave, although given that there may be partial months already run it may wobble about a bit.  You'd have to give 30 days notice and then pay three months early disconnection fees, and VM insist they do charge VAT as that's in line with HMRC rules. 

If you want to dispute the VAT aspect you'll need to use VM's complaint process, and because it'll be too complicated for the complaints laundering team, you'll almost certainly need to involve the industry adjudication scheme CISAS - and "other companies don't charge VAT" is not the basis of a valid complaint, you'd need to link to actual HMRC guidance or legislation to make a successful case.  All of which seems a whole lot of effort for about fifteen quid or so?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm game for a challenge, if I remember correctly Three was fined big for charging VAT on unspent months.

To mucky the water, live chat has just quoted £43 ish to leave, so theres certainly no clear guidance whatsoever.

I digress!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Found the HMRC guidance, seems VAT is now chargeable (since April 1 2022)

Typical

Hello mrkinny. 

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear about the conflicting messages regarding your EDFS
I can look into this for you to get some clarification.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks for your time today mrkinny.

Glad to hear the chat service was correct in giving you the EDF charges to leave.

Gareth_L