Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Early cancellation fee for moving home.

Hello

I've recently moved home and contact VM to transfer my broadband To my new address  to keep using the fibre broadband .

Virgin Media had to end the contract because they don't cover the new post code they told me that I will not pay nothing a week after I received email that I have to pay . I've seen that many people have been in the same situation and yes I understand it's not something that either of the two parts can really predict to be happening or control.

I've been on the phone  for hours with several team members from VM  for hours  one pass (me to other )try to understand what it was going to happen and to see if there was any way to taking off this fee what it feels like an unfair and very high cancellation fee, if nothing else as a good gesture for being a loyal (5years )and happy customer. I know those things don't exist with this kind of services and all the chats I had with them didn't achieve anything.

I  was expecting that I will be received refund for VM for not able to service my new address (40m far from VM store Kilburn)

I lose my job and now see this Cancellation to pay .2020 😤😤😔

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Early cancellation fee for moving home.

I'm afraid to say, I don't think you are going to get out of his one and will probably end up have to pay the early disconnection fee - how long did you have to go on the minimum length by the way?

Technically VM (and this is true with most if not all service providers) aren't actually providing you with the service but the property, i.e. your old address, so legally it's not VM ending the contract but you - they are still happy to provide the serivice there, but you - understandably - don't want to carry on paying for it!

Your best bet, I guess, is to call the retentions line (the thinking of leaving us option) and see what, if anything they can do, whoever originally told you that you wouldn't have to pay anything was just plain wrong!

0 Kudos