cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Termination Fee

Athole
Joining in

I have had to cancel my virgin account due to moving to an area not supported by Virgin and I am being charged and early termination fee.

I believe I am not liable to be charged this on the basis Virgin is not supported at my new address, where can I supply details of my new address so that I am not charged this fee?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Athole 

I hope you are settling into your new home.

Did you contact the Home Movers team so they could follow the correct processes to waive any ETF's for when VM is not available at the new property, or did you just go via cancellations?

The usual process is that VM will still charge the early termination fees but will then refund them as long as you give them evidence, within 30 days of cancelling of you residing at the new property. If you had spoken to the Home Movers they should have advised you of this and given you contact details.

You can either email HomeMovers@virginmedia.co.uk

or  send paper copies to Virgin Media, Sunderland SR43 4AA

The accepted documents showing your new address are :-

bank statement, driving licence, insurance policy, mortgage information, rental agreement or utility bill

You can also speak to Home movers team by dialling 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, but it's best to call around 8am to avoid call queues

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. Please be aware that replies aren't instant from that service, often taking 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority, but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Athole 

I hope you are settling into your new home.

Did you contact the Home Movers team so they could follow the correct processes to waive any ETF's for when VM is not available at the new property, or did you just go via cancellations?

The usual process is that VM will still charge the early termination fees but will then refund them as long as you give them evidence, within 30 days of cancelling of you residing at the new property. If you had spoken to the Home Movers they should have advised you of this and given you contact details.

You can either email HomeMovers@virginmedia.co.uk

or  send paper copies to Virgin Media, Sunderland SR43 4AA

The accepted documents showing your new address are :-

bank statement, driving licence, insurance policy, mortgage information, rental agreement or utility bill

You can also speak to Home movers team by dialling 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, but it's best to call around 8am to avoid call queues

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. Please be aware that replies aren't instant from that service, often taking 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority, but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Athole
Joining in

Hi mate,

Thanks for the info will send them an email with the required documents.

Many thanks!

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you @Athole - the team will look to have this resolved for you. I hope you have a great weekend!

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs