Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Early Termination Fee Inquiries

Hello!

Im currently on M100 home broadband package and still within my contract period which ends on October 2020. However, due to the current situation, Im leaving the UK for good in 2 weeks' time.

Question:

1. How much is my monthly EDF per month remaining? according to the table in the link below, the monthly cost is GBP42, and the EDF is GBP34. But in my package, I'm only paying GBP29 monthly. Do I still need to pay GBP34?

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Appreciate your kind help! Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Early Termination Fee Inquiries

Yes, you would have to pay the calculated amount.

Your current monthly payment is discounted, in return for twelve months business.

Of course, you could choose to continue paying, rather than cancelling. Your problem then would be cancelling on time and returning the equipment.

Personally, I would cancel and pay the EDF, if possible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you can't have services in a house you do not own.
What happens if the account is used for illegal activity

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ernie, thanks for responding. May I know how do I proceed with the cancellation? I did fill up a form on VM website and it says that the VM team will contact me. Is this a normal procedure?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@carmelozudin 

First of all, I have to say that all ways of communicating with Virgin Media are currently grossly over- committed.

The normal route is by telephone, 150 from your Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111, taking the options for ‘thinking of leaving’.

At the moment, there is a text service. Text 07533 051809, giving a brief description that you want to leave.

I’m sorry I can’t give you a realistic timescale for making contact.

Good luck. Stay safe.