cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Renewal?

mikewot
On our wavelength

Hello,

Been with Virgin Media for a very long time, since they took over NTL Telewest, so never had the advantage of a 'special introductory deal'.  Current 18 month contract expires in January and rather than contact retentions in the run up to xmas I thought I'd try to renew now.  Unfortunately all the current offers for 'new customers', like Ultimate Volt for £85 are not available to me and I was told that, basically, it was pointless trying to renew until less than 30 days before contract expiry as no deals would be available until then.  Is it possible to renew earlier rather than haggle with retentions just before christmas?

Have Maxit TV, TV360 Box, Sky Cinema (although happy not to have it), M200, Talk Weekends, Oooommpphh mobile sim.  Big Bundle + Drama & Docs would be good for us (37.99 monthly for new customers) and switch out the Ooommpphh sim for an O2 (£12 a month) for Volt extras.  This would save me around £20 a month which would go towards heating (we're both pensioners).

Account number removed

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mikewot thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

Unfortunately, we do not support with package reviews over the Community Forums directly, but we'll always do our best to give the best advice possible.

In terms of offers available, these can change even daily so even though you may not have been able to get a suitable deal for you now, there's no reason why this wouldn't change in the next few weeks for you.

I know you have already called, but the only advice we can offer is to reinforce this and call us directly on 150 or 0345 454 1111, and we can review the best offers available for you!
Many thanks

Tom_W

mikewot
On our wavelength

Thanks Tom, I had hoped to sort it out but I understand why not, appreciate your answer.

Hi @mikewot thanks for your reply.

You're very welcome and please let us know if you ever do need further support in the future.

Many thanks

Tom_W