cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate payment

VictorRF
Joining in
Hello, I received a bill to pay for the amount of 51.48.
The description said it was for the current month and one month late.

Going to the virgin website, I received a message that the bill for August had not been paid

"We didn't receive a payment for your August bill.

A payment is required immediately to avoid a restriction of service." 

This August bill was paid via the website, sometimes I forget to transfer the money between my accounts and the direct debit is refused, but I always go to the website and make the payment. 

I have already paid this bill of 51.48, but I need a refund of the double amount that was paid and the fine that was applied for an alleged delay.

I have already sent 2 or 3 emails to missingpayments@virginmedia.co.uk, but I have not received any response, in a few days I will have to pay again and nothing has been resolved.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @VictorRF thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

As you have mentioned, if the Direct Debit is refused then there can only be a short time before you'd need to make the manual payment. If for example, you've waited 2/3 weeks before making a manual payment then the deadline for that current month may have been missed, which is why we're asking for two payments.

The general rule is, you need to pay your current month before your next month's bill is produced (this means emailed to you). If you need guidance on when your bills are produced, simply log into your My Virgin Media account and the bills are generally produced on the same or similar dates each month.

We hope this helps but if this doesn't clear things up, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

VictorRF
Joining in

No friend, it didn't take me more than 15 days to pay, the direct debit was refused on the 31st and I paid on a Friday, August 4th and payment was made on Monday by the bank.(4 days late)
I paid August twice plus interest. I can't believe a company like virgin can't find my payment.

No friend, it didn't take me more than 15 days to pay, the direct debit was refused on the 31st and I paid on a Friday, August 4th and payment was made on Monday by the bank.(4 days late)
I paid August twice plus interest. I can't believe a company like virgin can't find my payment.

Thank you for that information. We can take a look at the account then to see what has happened. 

I will private message you now. 

^Martin