Menu
Daniel181068
Tuning in
Message 1 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Downgrading package

Hi.

i have been with virginmedia for a very long time but what really frustrates me is how hard they make it to cancel or down grade your package. If you want to upgrade its the best thing since sliced bread but to cancel or down grade it's like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. I want a clear email address to confirm in writing to Virginmedia that I wish to cancel my sports package, can anyone help? 

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrading package

Hi there @Daniel181068

Welcome to our Community and for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues with changing your package at the moment. 

For any downgrades, we ask you to contact us so we can check for the best possible deal for you. As a downgrade can impact your current contract, you do need to chat with us to arrange any downgrade. 

You can do this via phone on 150/03454541111, by texting us on 07533051809 or via webform (although this can take longer) We do not email for external correspondence - I am sorry

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Daniel181068
Tuning in
Message 3 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kate.

For the last hour I have been having a text type chat with one of you colleagues to remove my sports package. Not great but at least I have communication with someone. I did call but a message directed me to the web page, the web page was directing me to a link on the contact page for a web form which I couldn't find.

Anyway after all that I believe the sports package will be cancelled in 30 days despite my request for virginmedia to practice forbearance at this uncertain times but they refused and will now progress to charge me a further months cost for a service they cannot supply. Thanks virginmedia.

philb
Tuning in
Message 4 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Like another correspondent on a different thread, I spent over 50 minutes on the phone waiting on hold only for the phone to be cut off. I also contacted the text service but am still awaiting a response from a member of the team an hour later. Understandably, the call centre is struggling to cope due to coronavirus.

It would substantially ease their burden, and placate all the people who feel they are paying for a service that they're not receiving, if there was a simple method of downgrading a package online.

Daniel181068
Tuning in
Message 5 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain. It would be easier if they had an email address on their contact page but they dont want that because it makes it too easy for customers to downgrade their packages.

I have now cancelled my sky sports and premier sports but they insist on charging me the 30 day cancellation period even though they cant supply the service. I'm not happy and will now consider other suppliers. 😡

philb
Tuning in
Message 6 of 39
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I wouldn't even mind paying for the next 30 days, but 24 hours later I still haven't been able to downgrade!

Daniel181068
Tuning in
Message 7 of 39
Flag for a moderator

But you shouldn't have to pay another 30 days for a service that they cant provide. Its just not right! 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I’m also trying to downgrade, they make intentionally hard so you’ll give up or they can persuade you not to on the phone. It’s a bit telling how easy it is to upgrade. I get hung up on the phone before I can get through. I’m just going to cancel the payment I get better service on my phone with BT. I’m paying £53 a month for broadband and I get 19.14 mbps 

Daniel181068
Tuning in
Message 9 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi. 

Yes. I totally agree. The biggest issue I have is that they dont want to waiver the 30 day notice period despite the state of the world at this present time. 

garethelwy
Joining in
Message 10 of 39
Flag for a moderator

But you can't get through on the phone.  You get cut off after about 50 mins.  If you can't offer that service you really should make it possible to opt for a cheaper package online.  You seem to be able to offer a more expensive package online.  I have lost my entire income in the last few days, I am out of the contract period and can not afford to pay for this!