Menu
chowdhurysheila
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Downgrading package after contract finishes

Hi 

My 12 months Big bundle contract finishes on 5th Jun and the monthly 29.99 will double afterwards that I won't be able to afford due to changed financial circumstances. I couldn't contact anyone from customer service team to discuss options and I don't want to leave it to the last minute. I would be ok with only internet offer as i dont use landline and tv is not priority now either. 

Could anyone contact me to discuss this as online no option only for upgrading or leaving ?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Downgrading package after contract finishes

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your package.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

You could also speak to Retentions (thinking of leaving us) They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
chowdhurysheila
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your advice. 

Can I do it even now or should I wait until my contract ends? Or a month before it end? It's on 5th June. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again,

you can do it at any time, but you'll probably be offered a better deal if you wait until the 6th May

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
chowdhurysheila
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Dave 

chowdhurysheila
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Regarding issues

I'm not getting on with regrading my existing package. I have texted"regrade" to 07533051809 as advised earlier but computer response only by texts and not giving options after their text "select one option from below". 

I need to change my package to a cheeper one but I couldn't  get anyone from Customer Service.

What should I do? I need a call back or real human person to talk to not a computer. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
chowdhurysheila
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Regrading my package - no option is coming up

Screenshot_20210505-122653.png

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Regrading my package - no option is coming up

@chowdhurysheila 

Firstly please don't create multiple/dupliate posts across different boards - when people reply in different places, it can cause all manner of confusion - I've put them all together for you.

Secondly, I'm afraid the advice you've already been given is the best we can advise. Whilst I'm sure the text-based service is good for some things, I've never been convinced that discussing (what could be) complicated account/package queries is one of them - and you really are best off calling in. The forum team can advise on account queries, but don't get involved with package queries.

If you call 150 (or 0345 4541111 from another phone), and choose options for either "adding and removing services" or "thinking of leaving us" (the latter probably goes to retentions who may have more wriggle room), you should be put into the queue for an agent who will be best placed to assist you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
chowdhurysheila
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a lot. Managed to sort it after weeks via phone just now. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi chowdhurysheila,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've had. 

I'm glad to hear you've been able to get this resolved. 

^Martin

0 Kudos