Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Downgraded to Maxit TV without my knowledge

I recently changed my phone package from Talk Weekend to Talk More Anytime, no other changes made, yet when the bill rolls in I notice my TV package has changed from Full House TV (XL) to Maxit TV therefore I'll "lose" the kids channels or have to pay an extra £5 / month in 12 months time when the promotional discount ends.

Are Virgin in their rights to change the package without telling me? The guy I spoke to seemed adamant they could do what they liked when they wanted to as I was "not in a contract any longer". He also told me that everyones packages were changed not just mine so I could not keep the Full House anyway!

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgraded to Maxit TV without my knowledge

Hi A_W_D,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry for any confusion here. In relation to the change, if it's an older bundle which we no longer offer, then we would need to remove it to be able to make any changes to the account overall. 

I am pleased we have given you a discount on the change however to ensure at least you're not paying for it for 1 year.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So why not tell me at the point I asked to make the change? Instead you wait for me to find out when my first bill comes in and in twelve months time you then have me for another £60 a year.

Can this be reverted to the original package?

Can you answer the other questions - Are Virgin in their rights to change the package without telling me? The guy I spoke to seemed adamant they could do what they liked when they wanted to as I was "not in a contract any longer". He also told me that everyones packages were changed not just mine so I could not keep the Full House anyway!

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi A_W_D,

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry about your experience with us. It does state in our terms and conditions that We may withdraw your chosen services package for commercial or operational reasons or if we are unable to continue providing it for matters beyond our reasonable control. you can find all your terms and conditions here. Have you raised a complaint regarding your experience with us? If not I am more than happy to do this for you?

Thanks,

Zoie_P

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Only just noticed this myself, a sneaky downgrade that WAS NOT mentioned when I 'upgraded' to a V6 box.

Quoted from my account page

"Maxit TV - 

TV doesn't get much better than this.
You're on our top TV tier!"

Top tier where you have to pay an extra £5 to access channels you had automatically before the 'upgrade'

I wish I could run my own business like this, it would be so much easier if I could [REMOVED] all over my paying customers at every opportunity.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

"for commercial or operational reasons or if we are unable to continue providing it for matters beyond our reasonable control"

So which one was the reason for changing the package without telling me then? I asked you to make a change to my phone package, not viewing so why has it affected it?

Also are you in breach of your own T&C's?

"If the package we have decided to remove causes the price you pay to increase we will also give you notice of the change(s) at least 30 days before the changes take effect and you may cancel the services affected in accordance with paragraph N.6 without paying an early disconnection fee."

Technically the price has increased by £5 per month and you never told me it was going up!

What good is raising a complaint going to do?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

From what you have advised previously it looks as though the package isn't one we offer anymore and so it was changed. 

We would have sent a letter to your address at least 30 days prior to this change. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Oh Martin, the whole point is you change my TV package without telling me, had I known this I would have left it alone and not change the phone part.

"We would have sent a letter to your address at least 30 days prior to this change. "

So when would this letter have been sent?

A. Prior to Virgin ending of the Full House XL package, therefore everybody on this package would have received the letter?

B. 30 days prior to me making a change to my package?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello A_W_D

The letter would have been sent prior to the package no longer being available

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Nope, not aware of seeing anything.

So you would have had to send this letter to ever Virgin customer? Is there anyone else that can confirm they have received this letter say its the end of the Full House packages?

Also my question still remains, why didn't you tell me you were going to change my package when I made the call.

0 Kudos