Menu
Lesbob1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Downgrade

How do I downgrade my package? I no longer need the Tv service. 

thank you 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrade

Depending what package you have, you might find it's cheaper to downgrade your TV to the basic mixit rather than cancel it entirely.

However.. in any case, you need to call Virgin to discuss your bundle and what your best options are.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the option for "adding and removing services"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lesbob1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. 

I have been trying for days to get through to make the changes. We definitely don’t need the TV now . 

ccw179
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have the same question.

I actually rang 150 this afternoon to ask about cancelling the TV part but the call handler was unable to even give me a price for how much I would pay without the TV.

Virgin Media seem to me to be very like the Moonies...easy to get into, impossible to get out of.

Think I'm heading towards complete cancellation seems the easiest way.

MartinOReilly
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

this doesn't seem to be possible.

If you get through, they put you on hold and then cut you off or just try to get you to upgrade.

they have us over a barrel.

If we cancel our direct debit, they'll cut off our internet, which is an essential service.

Maybe we should have voted for jeremy corbyn - free broadband for all

0 Kudos
ccw179
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The saga so far...

Rang 150 they couldn't even give me a price for removing TV. No further help available.

Tried the text number couldn't help me but would forward me onto customer relations. Heard nothing for several days so...

Asked on the text conversation if anyone was coming to help me. Basically back to square one with a handler asking me what I wanted. When I asked what I wanted they Tried to sell me an updated more expensive TV package. I said that's not what I want so they tried to sell me a slightly cheaper TV package. I said no thanks they said they'd refer me to customer relations. Heard nothing for 3 days.

Finally got a text from customer relations. I explained what I wanted. He said he understood and would definitely help me. Now haven't heard anything for 4 days.

Shocking customer service. Currently looking at deals from other providers and looking forward to the day I can throw their s****y equipment in a skip.