Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Downgrade

Hi, I was wondering if someone from Virgin could help me as I have some telephone issues (my end, it isn't a fault with Virgin) and as such can't call the company to solve this problem.

Basically I just want to remove Sky Sports and Sky Cinema from my package. I can give you any relevant information you need through a PM or whatever is best, but I really would like the situation resolved as it almost doubles my monthly bill. I find it strange you can only upgrade online and not downgrade but I'm sure there are reasons for that. Anyway if someone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Downgrade

Hi basement1,

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your package.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any phone, or  freephone number 0800 052 0422 from any phone (borrow one if necessary), options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Beware if Sky Sports and Cinema are part of your package then downgrades can take 30 days and you will lose any current discounts so best to negotiate a new deal with retentions.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Looks like newapollo slightly beat me to it in mentioning that account changes can only be done by phone, and downgrades especially can sometimes have an impact on any bundle discounts you might have.

If you don't mind me asking, what're the phone issues you have? Sorry if you'd rather not say, I'm just wondering if there's a way around them, that's all.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply Apollo, but which way will the representative respond, via phone call? I'll see if I can borrow a phone to give them a call. It's the current situation regarding the pandemic that's really hampering things in regards to that.
It's very convoluted on how Sky Sports and Cinema were added and why I disagreed with the way it was handled, however if I can manage to get a phone to give them a call I will try a renegotiation before having them removed. It was just that, had it been possible to solve over the internet, it would have been easier to have them removed rather than renegotiate. Thanks for the heads up though, I appreciate it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's fine, it's just that I don't have a landline and my mobile phone is currently broken. Like I say in the other post, with the current situation, it's difficult to borrow one but I'll try to sort something out.
Thanks for your help anyway, and thanks for moving the thread to the relevant subforum. I wasn't really sure where it was best to put it.
0 Kudos