Menu
MrRiggs
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Downgrade

Hi

I know this issue has already been around but i have the same problem. I have been on furlough since March and now my package deal is set to rise. I feel after being a loyal customer VM should lower your payments just like when you have a car insurance.

Anyways i cant get through at all to call centers. I have tried all numbers and emails that will not bounce back. Been 3 days now trying .There is no option on the app which is really ridiculous and in the mean time they will just take the new monthly fee without blinking an eyelid unless i cancel my direct debit then they will call me the same day. The help is really no help at all on their website nor is the silly text message link they send when you call. There is no help for this so what do i do. All i want is the broad band.

Thanks

Oh yes please don't answer with the same silly numbers Virgin gives as i have said above no one answers.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrade

you cannot downgrade online - there is no email address - cancelling your DD will not get them to call you - they will try to take payment and when it bounces they will put the debt out for collection and black mark your credit rating - i guess if you dont pay a few bills they will cut your connection but they will still rack up the debt

its all in the T & S's that non of us read

you have the phone numebers so i will not repeat them as requested but they are your only option - early morning is best - 8.00 and you need to talk to someone in the UK - if you get offshore tell them you want to cancel and go from there - they will huff and puff and try to sell you this that and the other but hold your ground and they should put you through to UK retentions - thats if they dont hang up on you and dont accept the - we will call you back in an hour/day or whatever - they never do

Tony
MrRiggs
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony

Thanks. I have eventually got that text number for retention and busy with them now. Well the text messaging bot. Virgin have been good to me but i guess its only when you have a problem you see the other side of a business. Guess with the call centers closed in some countries it doesn't help but still a business should continue its support to paying customers.Cheers
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The comparison of the services Virgin Media provide to (car) insurance is not a good one.

The only reason your insurance premium goes down is because you haven’t made a claim and you are seen as a lower risk, worthy of a lower premium.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MrRiggs
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes maybe not a good comparison.  But a rewards program at least. Dont catch people with low price starts then sting them the following year with a doubled price for the same service. 

0 Kudos
MrRiggs
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So in reply to myself and to help others I used the +447533051809 number and texted "Need to speak to retention service please"

Got a txt back asking a few questions then a lovely lady helped me out and actually sorted me out a deal keeping the same package. 

So thanks to VM

newapollo
Superstar
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrRiggs,

Thanks for updating the thread letting us know that you used the text service and  managed to get not just a reply, but that you were also able to negotiate a new deal.

I know Virgin have just introduced 18 month contracts, so hopefully they put you on one of them, giving you an extra 6 months before you need to contact then again.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos