Menu
Jules27vw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Downgrade tv

Hi. Just wondered i have downgraded my TV package from bigger to big and wondered whether I will lose my recordings when this happens as I have recorded  programmes which I will no longer have the channel for e.g the simpsons. Thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrade tv

Normally I would say yes as you no longer have the license for the channel on your box, however it may still work.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrade tv

Any Sky channel: You need to have that channel in your package both at the time of recording and playback. So if you drop your bundle, you lose the recordings immediately.

Non Sky channels: You can often watch the recording after losing the channel, although this is not guaranteed. Any channel that's subject to a free-view period, for example, you'll lose the recordings as soon as the free-view period ends.

Also... "Big" & "Bigger" aren't TV bundles, they may have been promotions at some time. Current bundles are "Mixit" (broadly Freeview equivalent), "Personal picks" of channels in particular genres, that build upto "Maxit" which is the old Full-House tier minus kids channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks