Menu
Anbeki
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Downgrade options

Hi...been with VM for years and would be more than happy to leave if it wasn't for my husband's love of fast broadband...

We're paying way too much and I'd like to downgrade.

Is that possible online or only through the call center?

Would I be able to get the same deal as if I was a new customer if I sign up to a new contract with a smaller tv package (downgrade)?

For the full house bundle we currently pay £84/m and we hardly watch TV...not value for money...and to keep it were offered a "discount" of £4.... that's definitely not how to keep loyal customers.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrade options

you need to downgrade on the phone. you won't get the new customer deal when downgrading

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anbeki
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Downgrade on the phone is not possible... already on the minimum deal/option.

So what can they offer if I'd sign a new deal? It's absolutely not transparent with them...

Also annoying that downgrade options can't be accessed online...

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

'annoying that downgrade options can't be accessed online'

that is because some companies like to have an element of human control of those that are reducing their service. ie convince you to stay as you are/upgrade/offer a deal. hence why you have to phone.
0 Kudos
Anbeki
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I love a good chat...what I don't fancy is spending ages in a queue waiting for a "human" to graciously answer my call😉

0 Kudos
BeardedBlunder
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In terms of actual "Downgrade" options, any DSL provider.. they'll provide rubbish broadband in comparison.

Loyalty is a liability, the trick to cheap service is swapping provider every 18 months and ALWAYS being a "NEW" customer as a result, sticking with a provider is a recipe to get screwed over, ALWAYS, even if that's what me & my family choose to do rather than face & deal with the hassle of switching.

0 Kudos