cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double billing based on Virgin Media negligence

Adeola
Joining in

I am writing to express my utmost disappointment and frustration regarding the complete lack of action taken by Virgin Media in cancelling my contract, as previously requested, and agreed with one of your sales representatives (Shaun). Having met Shaun in March 2023 at one of your temporary sales outlets at Cleveland centre, Middlesbrough. I informed him I will be moving house in April 2023 from removed to removed . He suggested I cancel the contract at removed and I gave him the go ahead to do so. He clearly stated he had cancelled the contract at no extra cost or charges to me and set up a new one for removed which started on April 1st, and he recently gave me a cancellation reference number to confirm he did.(Kmm86345684V611L0km)

I was however, surprised to get several phone messages and emails over the past week informing me of owing 125 pounds and defaulting my payment for the broadband at my previous apartment at removed To provide you with a clearer understanding of the problem, I have attached copies of my billing statements at both addresses and the documented communications I have had with your sales representative.

It is disheartening to have to resort to email communication, but my previous attempts to address this matter over the phone with your customer care have unfortunately been unsuccessful despite spending over 3 hours on the phone trying to resolve the issue. It is worth noting that I have ensured to keep up with my payments since I have been a customer of Virgin Media, and I am particularly upset that by wrongly labelling me as defaulting on my payments, my credit score may be affected.

This failure to honour my cancellation request not only demonstrates a severe disregard for customer satisfaction and contractual obligations but also raises serious concerns about the integrity of Virgin Media's operations. It is unacceptable to continue charging me for a service that I have explicitly requested to terminate.

After a lot of back and forth with Shaun claiming he did the right thing but some at the office backend messed it up and the Virgin media team claiming they do not know Shaun and my dealing with him is invalid. I had to go to citizens advice office because I was helpless and Virgin Media kept harassing me with debt calls,emails and text messages. The citizens advice officer called both parties and same was said. Shaun asked to be given 24hours to get it sorted through his manager but nothing has been done till date.

I am law abiding and do not default (Virgin Media has my record). The issue has bothered me so much and so much stressed and I feel helpless right now.

Given the urgency of this matter, I kindly request the following actions to be taken immediately:

1. An immediate and official confirmation of the cancellation of my contract at removed effective from the date of my initial request.

2. A thorough investigation into the mishandling of my cancellation request, including an explanation for the oversight and reassurance that corrective measures will be implemented to prevent such occurrences in the future.

3. Virgin Media must correct this with appropriate bodies so as not to affect my credit score

4. Compensation for the inconvenience, time, and emotional distress caused by the company's negligence and failure to fulfil its contractual obligations. I expect a fair and justifiable compensation for the hardships endured as a direct consequence of Virgin Media's oversight.

I emphasize that these actions must be taken immediately. Any further delay or failure to rectify this situation promptly will leave me with no choice but to escalate my concerns to regulatory bodies and consumer protection agencies. Additionally, I will not hesitate to explore legal options to ensure that my rights as a consumer are protected and that appropriate action is taken to address this matter.

I sincerely hope that Virgin Media recognizes the severity of this situation and the negative impact it has had on my experience as a customer. As a long-standing subscriber to your services, I expected a higher level of professionalism and respect for customer satisfaction.

I expect a prompt and satisfactory response addressing my concerns and a clear plan of action to resolve this matter to my complete satisfaction. Failure to do so will not only tarnish my perception of your company but also prompt me to explore alternative service providers for my broadband needs.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matte, as I eagerly anticipate a swift resolution and the restoration of my trust in Virgin Media.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Best not to post personal details on a public forum. The VM forum team will DM you for these as required. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Thanks for this. I had posted before I realised. I'm just worked up and need a solution 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

As just another customer I can do nothing but sympathise with you.

Virginmedia has a very broken system with departments that apparently cannot communicate effectively with each other and where individuals are not allowed any initiative to sort out problems.

Unsurprisingly the only department that works efficiently is the one that collects the money, and they will carry on doing so regardless of any errors that have been made elsewhere.

Hopefully a staff member will pick this up and offer to help, but even they will only be able to pass messages that may or may not be actioned.

Good luck. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @Adeola 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, due to the nature of the details being removed ro maintain that your personal data stays safe, we would need to bring you into a private message to discuss further and obtain more details to locate your account. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your screen, or if you are using a mobile device then it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina