Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Dont have any Broadband Upgrade options on my account

Hi all,

It seems 'my upgrades and offers' is not allowing me to upgrade/renew my contract with a faster speed.

Does anyone know if Virgin are not offering speed upgrades at the moment? It only shows me upgrades to my phone package and broaband is blank.

Any help appreciated.

Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dont have any Broadband Upgrade options on my account

They most certainly are, but you'll have to phone up and try and speak to somebody about it.  The online account management (including upgrade/downgrade/cancellations) has always been exceptionally poor, which I attribute to VM's management all having sales call centre mindsets.  They can't conceive a world where customers could sort themselves out through some new fangled interweb portally thing, and the very thought frightens them.

But why seek to upgrade?  If you've got speed or latency problems then buying more bandwidth won't solve them.  if that's the case, get those fixed, then reconsider whether you need higher speeds.  If you still wish to upgrade, why do it at the headline price?  You've got the misery of phoning VM, so instead of taking a package at the price they want, follow options for things like "about my account" and "thinking of leaving", and explain that you're happy with the performance, but very disappointed in the value you get from VM, and is there anything they can do?  Tell the agent you're flexible on package and you'd even upgrade, but its that value issue that matters.  See what you get offered.  If it is a good deal take it (no guarantees it will still be on the table if you phone back after considering it), if it isn't a good deal then leave it, and try again nearer Christmas, in the hope that there will be a push on to sell more upgrades as the financial quarter comes to an end.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos