Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Dont expect your free ring doorbell or echo anytime soon

After signing up to virgin media and being promised a free ring doorbell and echo show 2 months ago, this has not arrived. I received an email on 1st Sept saying that it was now ready to be delivered and when it had not arrived I chased it up with VM who advised they would get a form sent to the rewards team to get it authorised. Still nothing and so last week I contacted VM again and they said it would be with me within 72 hours after 11th September. Surprise surprise it did not arrive. I contacted Exertise who ate the delivery company they use who advised they have 100s of these to send out, all in stock and are chasing VM on a daily basis to get them sent out. I phoned VM again who once again promised me the earth, they are submitting a form, it will be here this week blah blah blah. They refused to put me through to the rewards team, manager or even the complaints team. I have phoned Exertis again who have confirmed they are still waiting for the authorisation from VM. Virgin Media have consistently lied to me when I have called. These so called forms seem to be money existent and are a way of fobbing people off. They lure people in with these free rewards that they don't send out and the customer Service us shocking. When my 12 month contract is up I will be returning to sky. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dont expect your free ring doorbell or echo anytime soon

Hi Helbel73,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of this.

What date were you connected with us please? As the gift is sent out after 28 days of being installed, and can take a further 14 days to receive it. 

Kind regards, 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I signed up 31st July and got an email 1st September saying it was due to be delivered. Exertis have confirmed this order and 100s of others need to be signed off by Virgin Media. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

When were you installed please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

i never expect free stuff. I buy services for the service i want not the free stuff.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

apcyberex 

Thanks for your input. Good for you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

When were you installed please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I was installed 10th August 2019 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Helbel73 wrote:

I was installed 10th August 2019 

Then 28 days was up 10th September, 14 days afterwards is only the 24th September - so you are still within the advised timescales.

It is 28 days after install your order is sent, then delivered or sent within 14 days after this.

Check your email folders including spam.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No, 28 days after 10th August is 7th September and then 14 days after that is 21st September and today is 23rd September  and I've still not received it 

0 Kudos