cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t know what else to try

FedUpEellen
Joining in

Since yesterday afternoon, had no dial tone on either landline phones up or downstairs. The phone screen says ‘Check Phone Line’. All been unplugged and then re plugged in. Can’t dial 150 as phones do not work, tried ringing from mobile, gone through the automated options,  it’s saying ring back in 10 minutes when tests have been carried out, ring back, but can’t get anywhere other than, ring back in 10 minutes. On line it is saying all services are working, but home phones were fine until yesterday morning. Elderly relatives use this line who don’t have mobiles. Getting no where fast, and it’s very stressful. Can anyone help please?

2 REPLIES 2

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums! 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your landline and that you've struggled to get some help.

I've been able to locate the backend of your services and your landline service in particular is showing as 'uncontactable' meaning we are unable to establish a connection to your line, which means there could be a possible break in the line externally.

We'll need to book in an engineer visit so this issue can be resolved. I've popped you over a private message so we can look into this together. 

If you're using a desktop version of the Community Forums, you'll be able to find my message at the white envelope in the top right. If on a mobile device, you can access your messages by clicking on your profile picture and going to 'messages'.

Thanks!

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there,

Thanks again for chatting with me via PM.

I'll look forward to hearing how the visit goes.

Enjoy the rest of your evening 😊

Beth