cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does cancelling my 02 mobile affect my virgin fibre deal

Ill34
Joining in

Like the title says. I got my fibre deal with an 02 sim. I dont want or need 02. Will cancelling affect my fibre deal and change the price?

Thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ill34, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting to raise this to us. 

VOLT packages - those that include an O2 Mobile SIM, are billed separately by ourselves at Virgin Media, and O2. Although the two services are billed separately, they are reliant on each other for access to the VOLT deal. This means if you were to cancel the O2 SIM you would no longer have access to the VOLT benefits and may need to re-package to an alternative deal. This may see an increase in your monthly cost - depending on which package you change to. 

You can read more about VOLT here. You can also find more information about cancelling just your O2 SIM and what happens in this thread here. 

Please be aware if you wish to cancel the O2 SIM you will need to contact O2 Directly to do so. 

Let us know if you have any further questions we can support with! All the best. 

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

Im guess that if both were doubles, as in double data and broadband speed doubled because of the promotion they are running, then i would have thought your broadband speed will half because the deal no longer applies. Hopefully an op will be along soon.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ill34 

The following thread from earlier today should answer your query

Going-To-Ultimate-Volt-But-Don-t-Want-The-O2-Sim/td-p/4978547 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ill34, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting to raise this to us. 

VOLT packages - those that include an O2 Mobile SIM, are billed separately by ourselves at Virgin Media, and O2. Although the two services are billed separately, they are reliant on each other for access to the VOLT deal. This means if you were to cancel the O2 SIM you would no longer have access to the VOLT benefits and may need to re-package to an alternative deal. This may see an increase in your monthly cost - depending on which package you change to. 

You can read more about VOLT here. You can also find more information about cancelling just your O2 SIM and what happens in this thread here. 

Please be aware if you wish to cancel the O2 SIM you will need to contact O2 Directly to do so. 

Let us know if you have any further questions we can support with! All the best. 

Molly

like i said on the other thread i know numerous people who cancelled the o2 side of things without a penalty you pays yor money you takes your chance 😉