Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Does Virgin fibre affect Sky?

Hi all, recently moved to Virgin Fibre broadband and telephone package. The I initial install was a disaster, the outside box was put in the wrong place and had to be moved. Router power box was placed inside house at wrong place so we now have a cable running round the outside of the building to the wall where the internal box is. Long story. This was installed last Wednesday 11th November and now my downstairs neighbour (we live in a four in a block) is reporting her Sky multi room TV package is not working properly. She can get her Sky WiFi as far as we can gather but the TV has been affected. The main telly has no sky at all, her bedroom (which our outside box is near) is getting Sky pictures but no telephone dial up line. Has anyone ever came across a Virgin Media Installation affecting another supplier in this case Sky. If so how was it resolved. Customer Services have suggested my neighbour contact Sky which she has done already but I don't believe in coincidences and its weird that her Sky went down the same day as our installation. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Does Virgin fibre affect Sky?

Hello

The VM install will not affect SKY as they use a different system, your neighbor will need to contact SKY.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks