cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Virgin actually want to retain customers?

mick171
Tuning in

I've been with VM for decades. I'm on BB only deal now. Throughout those decades the service has been outstanding. My only complaint and the reason I will ditch as soon as I can get a decent BB connection is always the same. What is the price I am paying against current prices. I just spent an hour trying to work out my likely cost at the end of 18 month contract. I can't find details. So I assume there will be massive increase (my sons deal ends sooner and is being quoted massive increases and VM are saying there are no BB only deals available) in cost and so I have lots of time to find alternatives. Why is it always SO HARD to find prices for existing customers coming up for renewal?????? .Everywhere I look I get rammed down my throat other service (phone TV etc). I ditched all if these long ago because I could never identify the cost of each and so determine value. I am currently on the 1G BB only plan. 4G/5G BB are becoming available across the country. They obviously don't see this as a threat to their business model and so explains my frustrations with them. well watch this space because if they don't get their act together soon a long standing customer is going to walk,

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mick171,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're thinking about potentially cancelling and leaving us when your minimum term ends due to offers. We do offer broadband only deals to customers, so there's no obligation to take out a landline and/or TV service too if you don't want to.

If you're an existing customer looking to see what's available then I'd recommend waiting until you're in the final month of your current minimum term, because our offers are always subject to change.

At that point I'd then recommend speaking with our retentions team on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) and they can discuss offers and options with you. If you don't like what they offer they can then also discuss cancellation options with you.

Keep us posted. 

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!