Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Disgusting Service!

We requested Virgin Media on the 07/06/2020.

We had someone attend our property on the 08/06/2020, really nice guy who attended and managed to find us easily, he explained that it wouldnt be a problem installing, and that he will arrange it to be done within a week ideally, as we work for the NHS and require internet.

We then got an email through on the 11/06/2020 stating that our installation date would be the 27/06/2020, which we wernt quite happy for, but accepted it. 

We then got another email on the 14/06/2020 stating that the installation was now going to be the 02/07/2020, I then contacted the service centre to ask why it would take so long, and i was told that there was "cabling issues" in the area, and this is why there was a delay.. I accepted it.

On the 16/06/2020, we had two technicians attend the property quoting a different flat number, but our name, he said he wouldnt have an issue installing and he would be around on the 27/06/2020 to install the cables, i explained about the cabling issues you guys apparently had, and he stated in his own words "there isnt any cabling issues, so whoever told you that was lying".

I contacted the initial guy who first attended, and he is now not answering my calls, and unresponsive to texts, completely just ignoring us now that he has made his comission.

I'm now in a predicament where i actually dont know what is happening, nobody has attended atall to install anything, and we have been left in the dark.

I wish to know WHAT IS GOING ON? we have been an entire month without any service, updates or any insight as to what the hell is actually going to take place? Do we find somebody else? Do we move our business elsewhere?

I wish to raise this as a formal complaint, I cannot contact virgin media because apparently they cannot find my address on the system.

The account is registered in my partners name.

Online order reference: VM3292027386

Your account no: [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

SORT IT.

KIND REGARDS, SHANE.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgusting Service!

Unfortunately this is representative of Virgn Media - nice people on the ground, exceptionally poor, disjointed customer service, broken processes and information flows.  And if you have to deal with the APPALLING offshore technical support, you'll soon find out what VM gets 1.2 out of 5 on Trustpilot form almost 13.000 customer reviews.  

Give very serious thought as to whether you really want a VM connection or wish to cancel before you're locked in for 12 months.  When VM works it is fast.  On the other hand, reliability is flakey, getting faults fixed is very trying, and the whole customer service experience seems designed by the KGB's customer service experts (who were sacked by the KGB for their malicousness and lack of ethics).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi shanesw1,

I'm really sorry to hear about the confusion with your install and that it has been delayed. It sounds that some work is required before the install can happen. The Pre-Installs Team will have spotted something unforeseen which requires some more work on the street. Unfortunately it may take at least a few weeks for this to happen as they will need to arrange the equipment, any planning permission, traffic management, as examples.  Once it's done, the install is usually the next day. 

I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can take some details and see what I can find for you.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have replied, please resolve this ASAP.

There are no cabling works in my area, i have been told by the engineer team. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've just replied back to your Private Message. To confirm I've asked the Area Field Manager to see what's happening with your cabling work and will update you when they get back to me.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So we’ve now been contacted and apparently the installation is now going ahead on the 02/07.

its actually stupid that we’ve had to take to the forums to get a resolve, intact any communication atall!

i find it shocking? And to be honest the only reason we are even still going with Virgin is due to the internet speeds and the wait we’ve already endured, otherwise I really would have reconciled..

Your service needs to be improved, it’s disgusting.. I honestly don’t know how you manage to keep your new client base 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi shanesw1,

Thanks for coming back to us and for the update, it is good to hear you have now got an install date for Thursday, on regards to not getting any help until you brought this to the forums. I will get that fed back.

If you have any further issues or question do not hesitate to come back.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have now got it all installed.

im wondering where is my TV that I was supposed to have with my deal? 

you had a promotion on your website at the time. 

thsnks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shane,

pleased to see you have finally been connected.

Regarding the TV that was part of the introductory deal, I've added a link that explains the process.

Introductory Gifts 

The details regarding when to expect delivery are in the first section

After your Virgin Media services have been installed or activated, our trusted third party Exertis will despatch your hardware gift within 28 days. They’ll make sure your hardware gift is delivered up to 14 days from this date using the courier UK Mail.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos