cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting - notice not taken upon request and no confirmation

Sugery
Tuning in

I received my price increase email on 26th February and phoned virgin on the same day to cancel my contract. I specifically told the operative that I wanted to cancel my contract and was not interested in the reduced prices he was offering. I was surprised to then receive an email from virgin on the 25th of February thanking me for 'making those changes 'and presenting me with a new contract at a reduced rate. I immediately phoned virgin again and was connected to the same operative I had spoken to 3 days earlier, when I explained why I was calling he denied that I called connected virgin at all on the 22nd at all. Despite being called a liar I perceived and insisted that I wished to pursue my legal right to cancel my contract. After 30 minutes he finally accepted that I was determined to leave virgin. I am a 64 year old disabled vulnerable man with only 20 percent heart function and an inoperable aortic aneurism, as such I record all my phone calls as I often receive calls from medical professionals which I need my wife to hear. Iam not a liar, the two calls I've made to virgin are recorded digitally time and date stamped in which I clearly state several times that I wish to cancel my contract. I am still awaiting an email from virgin confirming cancellation 

14 REPLIES 14

unisoft
Knows their stuff

@Sugery wrote:

I received my price increase email on 26th February and phoned virgin on the same day to cancel my contract. I specifically told the operative that I wanted to cancel my contract and was not interested in the reduced prices he was offering. I was surprised to then receive an email from virgin on the 25th of February thanking me for 'making those changes 'and presenting me with a new contract at a reduced rate. I immediately phoned virgin again and was connected to the same operative I had spoken to 3 days earlier, when I explained why I was calling he denied that I called connected virgin at all on the 22nd at all. Despite being called a liar I perceived and insisted that I wished to pursue my legal right to cancel my contract. After 30 minutes he finally accepted that I was determined to leave virgin. I am a 64 year old disabled vulnerable man with only 20 percent heart function and an inoperable aortic aneurism, as such I record all my phone calls as I often receive calls from medical professionals which I need my wife to hear. Iam not a liar, the two calls I've made to virgin are recorded digitally time and date stamped in which I clearly state several times that I wish to cancel my contract. I am still awaiting an email from virgin confirming cancellation 

If they have cancelled, you should get an email confirming it within 48 hours, and there will be an order in My Virgin Media under Orders/Appointments bit.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sugery 👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am so sorry to hear that you've not had the best experience with our team. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide. 

I'd like to take a closer look into this so will pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we can take it from there. 

Hope to hear from you soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sugery 

Glad I was able to clarify things via PM

If you need anything else, please let me know. 

All the best!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

• It's been more than 2 weeks now since I called to cancel my contract and I still haven't received any confirmation emails from virgin 

Thanks for coming back to us Sugery, sorry but we don't provide written confirmation of your disconnection date, did the team promise you that this would happen?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

It's been 3 weeks now since I cancelled my contract and I still haven't received any confirmation, can you please send me confirmation that the contract has been cancelled 

I need to know on what date my contract is ending, I cancelled my contract on 22nd of February and I haven't had any confirmation or indeed any contact at all 

@Sugery wrote:

I need to know on what date my contract is ending, I cancelled my contract on 22nd of February and I haven't had any confirmation or indeed any contact at all 

So you called VM on 22nd Feb and made it clear that you want to cancel, yes? In that case you should be disconnected 30 days later so 22nd March.

Now there have been cases of VM agents, neglectfully, shall we say, not processing the disconnection request properly.

Anyhow, it does sound as if you have done everything correctly, so there shouldn't be any issues, no?

But just in case, a message to any forum team members (VM employees) who happen to be reading this, we have here a case of a 'vulnerable' customer who who or may not have been given the run-around. If they have, well then you all know were this will end up and VM will be crucified (again), yes?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Sugery 

If the cancelletion notice was given on 22nd February then the account should be disconnected on the 24th March (February only had 28 days.)

I've flagged and asked if forum staff can speak with you in PM again, so they can check the cancellation has been processed correctly as requested and confirm the disconnection date.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali