Menu
bobbywilcox
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Disconnected then reconnected with a new bill

I’m having a major billing/package issue and I cannot get through to anyone on the phone.

My contract runs from 12/06/2020 – 11/06/2021.

On 10 December 2020 I was disconnected from my account by mistake. I spent hours trying to resolve this and but I was told that they would not reconnect me for 48 hours. I was reconnected on 12 December.

On 24 December I was sent a bill far exceeding my original agreed bill (£200+).

I have been on the only messenger with someone who says that I “agreed” to a new contract on 11 December 2020 and I am to be charged the new price. Firstly, I didn’t agree to anything, I simply asked to be put on to the original contract that I asked for.

I also asked if a customer services manager could call me as it is much easier to discuss over the phone. They said that they couldn’t arrange for this.

I have tried calling 150 a few times but it is impossible to get through.

It seems like there are so many internal “systems” and “processes” to go through that Virgin Media have completely lost any personal touch with their customers. No one ever takes charge or uses any common sense to rectify an issue.

Please tell me how I can speak to someone without calling 150 so that I don’t have to pay a bill over £200 more expensive than my agreed contract.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnected then reconnected with a new bill

Hi bobbywilcox,

Welcome to the Community Forums, we really appreciate you taking the time to post here.

I'm very sorry to hear of your recent experience, and that your account was incorrectly disconnected. I can completely understand how frustrating this must have been, and for the issues that followed on from this.

I'd like to see this resolved for you and take a look into this further. I've sent you over a PM so I can take some further details and we can go from there.

Please look at for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
bobbywilcox
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnected then reconnected with a new bill

This has now been resolved 🤞

0 Kudos