Menu
Marchad
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Disconnected in error

Virgin Media disconnected us in error on Friday 30th April. We were due to move house on that day but rescheduled the move to the 11th May. Virgin confirmed that was OK, but for some reason forgot to reschedule the disconnection
I have called them 5 times between Friday 30th April - and Mon 3rd May and had assurances that it's been escalated as a priority and it will be connected in 48 hours, then 24 hours and then again in 24 hours
Today I've been told that internally they filled out the wrong form to reconnect us again, and it's now going to be a further 48 hours (the clock starts again due to the new form).
Apparently they have no way of escalating it - "I've worked for Virgin for 14 years and trust me, there's no way to contact the back office staff. Sorry if you can't work - you'll just have to do what I do and go into an office"
They promised to get in contact with all the people I'd spoken to so that they can be informed of the correct process, but for me as a customer, what matters is getting reconnected - and this is the area where they say they can do nothing and I just have to wait.
Every person I've spoken to has been wonderful, helpful and sympathetic. But powerless to actually fix anything. Loads of polish but no substance.
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnected in error

Hi there @Marchad

Welcome back to our Community, I was sorry to understand that you'd had some issues with your move and to hear that your current account was closed early in error. I have located your accounts from your forum information and can see that the correct process has now been followed - I'm afraid that there is nothing we can do to speed this up. 

It's not down to anyone not doing it willing or otherwise - it is a system process that cannot be sped up manually; I can only apologise. 

The correct form for reconnection has been processed for you this morning. We will be more than happy to check for updates for you as and when needed. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Marchad
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response and for confirming that the correct process is now being followed.

I acknowledge that the issue is not down to anyone willfully making an error. My gripe is that this is not a circumstance of my making: it is Virgin Media's and they have:

1. Disconnected my service on the incorrect date;

2. Completed the wrong form internally that would have allowed my service to be resumed;

3. Completed the correct form and then 'reset' the clock for the service to be resumed within your 48 hour SLA target.

It seems incredibly poor service and poor internal process that there is no way for Virgin Media to acknowledge the error and fast track a call to the relevant back-end team so that my service can be re-established. I fully appreciate that mistakes happen from time to time, but the rigidity of your process and the fact that there is apparently no one in VM who can raise the priority of request to resolve a sequence of mistakes does your company no good at all. Why the clock should be reset each time there is an error is quite frankly ludicrous.

I am a long standing customer, who has chosen Virgin over other suppliers believing that you have the skills and resources to to provide a reasonable standard of service. This mistake, which is non-technical and simply requires an administrative change, has now dragged on for five days (and is predicted to be six) and is very disappointing.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We further apologise for this experience on behalf of our team @Marchad.

This is not the best service we look to provide. 

If you wish, I can raise a complaint for you in regards to this. You can also raise one yourself here https://virg.in/autocomp .

We hope to soon reconnect your services following the process this morning.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Marchad
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Further to the previous thread, can you please raise a complaint regarding the continued failure to provide a service.

This is now six days where I still have no Virgin Media services following your erroneous disconnection on Friday 30th April. 

All calls to your helpdesk have been professionally and cordially handled, but the weakness of Virgin Media's internal process to resolve an administrative error has been dreadful. By your own acknowledgement this is a simple back-office task, yet it has not been done. I suggest that these processes are reviewed.

- An internal administrative error should not take over six days (and still counting) and multiple customer calls to resolve

- The service level for resolution should not be reset each time VM 'correct' an error made internally by VM

- There needs to be a mechanism to acknowledge that mistakes do get made, and a way to break out of the process to resolve customer's issues

Kind Regards

Dave Marchant

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry for the poor experience Dave and will certainly get this raised for you. 

I will pop you a PM now so we can pass DPA and discuss further. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos