Menu
Msadeeq
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Disconnected Virgin Media service but apparently today I got an email saying I accepted a new contract.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum been with virgin for 11+ years but had to leave because it's getting quite expensive. So I was able to contact someone on the phone on the 17 Jan after trying for so long, gave my 30 day notice to leave which was accepted the customer service agent informed me the disconnection date as 16 Feb and I even received the we're really sorry you decided to leave email.

There I was thinking that was over and I arranged my new broadband service provider all done. Today I woke up to an email from Virgin media confirming that I have accepted a new 18 month contract, I have clearly not done this and was shocked to find this contract as accepted in my account information. Has anyone else had this happen? It's almost impossible to get someone on the phone to cancel in the first place and i did not accepted any contract and now I fear they will want to charge me early disconnection fee for canceling the contact that I did not accept in the first place.

Can someone advice what I should do?   

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnected Virgin Media service but apparently today I got an email saying I accepted a new...

Thanks for the post Msadeeq and welcome to our community.

We can't help with package changes over the forum but you can discuss this and cancel any changes within the 14 day cooling off period with the team on 150/0345 454 1111 options 1, 4 then 4. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Msadeeq
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnected Virgin Media service but apparently today I got an email saying I accepted a new...

Hi Emily, I was able to get someone on the phone and was able to get this sorted. They did inform me the new contract was a mistake and apologised for the confusion and my disconnection date is still scheduled as requested.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear the team got this sorted for you.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos