Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Direct debit date change

I need to change my direct debit date to the last day of the month or the 1st of the month. I've been trying to get hold of someone at Virgin for the last 2 months now with no joy. Now my new bill has come through and I can't pay it on that date anymore, as my works pay date has changed. Please help!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Direct debit date change

You can change your direct debit date online via My Virginmedia but only when you have no outstanding bill.

When you do this, you must also realise that your first bill after will be larger if you push the date back.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can't change the date only the account info?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

info from My Account ( it gives the option to change the dd date, but you can't do it online)

To change your Direct Debit date, text us for free on 0753 305 1809 ** between 7am and 11pm Monday to Friday, 8am and 8pm Saturday to Sunday.

Changing your Direct Debit date will also change the start date of your monthly package. This means the first bill you receive after moving your Direct Debit date may be higher than usual as we'll need to align you to your new billing cycles. Your subsequent bills will return to their normal amount after this.

Just so you know, we can only change your Direct Debit date on your existing bank details and your balance must be cleared before you can change your date. Also, you can only change your Direct Debit date twice in a 12 month period.

Unfortunately, if we've already finalised your bill for this month, you'll have to wait until we've taken this payment before you can change your date.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I sent a text to that number on the 13/05/20, but no reply as yet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SpAceAce70

Thanks for posting. I'll be happy to assist further with this.

I'll send you a PM now 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos