Menu
gammahulk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Direct debit changed to 27th I asked 30th

Hello,

I requested my direct debit to be changed to 30th but was changed to 27th without my permission. My funds will not be available on 27th. 

I use the internet for working from home like millions. I cannot risk being suspended of services for a mere 3 days due to your companies mistake. 

Please advise what we can do. 

I am not happy and want compensated. This has been very stressful trying to contact customer services today about this but I didn't get anywhere.

Thank you,
Samuel
0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Direct debit changed to 27th I asked 30th

You won't be restricted, as for direct debits unfortunately if a day isn't available the agent typically sets it closest. With a manual payment you can technically pay later than required.

Example being your bill having been created April 1, you can actually pay any day before your next bill(May 1st) so example being April 30 or 29th, and it won't cause any negative affects, late payments or cutoffs etc. You'd only be cut for months of unpaid billing.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
gammahulk
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for your reply. I definitely won't get restricted for being 3 days late? Thank you. Samuel

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@gammahulk wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply. I definitely won't get restricted for being 3 days late? Thank you. Samuel

No, you'll be fine. They only restrict if you're behind on payments but being 3 days late is fine & understandable as you pay in advance anyway.

Going 2 bills or more unpaid will most likely end up in restriction but one bill isn't cause of concern, you may receive a care call from someone if you go over about 2 weeks or so/close to your next bill just to ensure you're not going to put yourself in a financial hardship situation and see if they can help in any way to prevent it going into a stressful situation. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello gammahulk

Sorry to hear of the mix up with the Direct Debit date and payments, we can understand the concern this can cause and appreciate you taking the time to contact us via the forums.

As Aaron2 has already advised, 3 days won't result in a restriction of service. If you would like me to look into the Direct Debit date and see if we can change it to a date after the 30th (if this is your pay day) to help avoid this in the future please let me know.

Rob

0 Kudos