Menu
rspltd
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Direct Debit

Can anyone explain how I can owe money on my previous bill when I pay by Direct Debit?????

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Direct Debit

Hi @rspltd.

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you have an unexpected charge on your account. We can understand the concern caused and we want to do our best to assist. Just to clarify, have you checked your bill breakdown in your my VM account to see where these charges may have come from?

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rspltd
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The bill clearly says ‘Owed from previous bill’ which presumably means that the amount of money that was taken in the previous month via Direct Debit has now been found not to have been enough. How can this happen?

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to us @rspltd.

Were there any additional charges from the previous month that may have been passed on to the current month in the bill breakdown?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rspltd
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No!

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

In this case, I am going to send you a private message so we can take a further look into this.

Please look out for the purple envelope on the top righthand corner of the page and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
rspltd
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just in case anyone wonders what the response was, it appears that having obtained the details to look at the account, the conversatuion ceased on Saturday. It appears they don't have an answer.!!  😪

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi rspltd,

The Forum Staff don't man the boards 24/7.

If you check Akua_A's profile you will see they haven't been online since Saturday. They are possibly on days off.

If you are wanting an instant response you are better phoning up and speaking to Billing.

From a Virgin landline  dial 150 and select option 1 - Billing,  or you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of billing query  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
rspltd
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply and explanation.I appreciate you posting the procedure that you believe should be followed but in reality it bears little resemblance to what actually happens. 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I can see my colleague Jodi has sent you a PM to help clear things up rspltd. If you have any further queries from there please get back to us. 

Tom 

0 Kudos