cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit not taken. Advisor on phone assures me no credit impact. VMs fault

james_lis
Joining in

Hello,

My direct debit is due to be taken on or after the 4th of each month. 

Anyway, I received my latest bill which was double. I rang Virgin, thinking it was some error and the advisor told me for some reason they didn't try to take the direct debt. I checked my bank, and the last payment was taken on the 4th September.

I have no 'missed payment' emails, and zero transactions in my bank for the 4th of October. 

Anyway, I asked the advisor if I would be impacted on my credit score by their error and she said absolutely not.

Is there any thing else I can do to confirm this?

It's also work mentioning, I'm on a volt package with O2, which has been there since the start of my VM contract. 2 days ago on the 11th, I have a notification in my bank saying an O2 Direct Debit has been set up.

Seems a bit strange, so they've definitely been doing something on their side.

Edit - I've phone Monzo (my bank) and they've confirmed that no attempt from VM was ever made this month. They said there's been 0 failed payment attempts linked to my direct debit with VM.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

james_lis
Joining in

Further update...

I phoned VM again after phoning my bank to confirm they hadn't cancelled the DD their side.

The advisor said "We've merged with O2 now and this has happened to a lot of accounts, it 100% won't impact credit score".

I'll be ready to raise a dispute if that's not the case, but seems to be resolved.

Hi james_lis,

Thanks for the update, we appreciate you coming back to us. We're pleased everything is now resolved, however, if you do have any further issues, please pop back here and we'll assist as much as we can.

Kind regards Jodi.