cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Setup Link Gone In New Portal

joejoewalters
Tuning in

The Bills section that now redirects you to the new "Care" portal for Virgin Media doesn't seem to have a link to setup / manage your Direct Debit, I've looked everywhere and it is nowhere to be found. I had to cancel my direct debit at the bank end due to the colossal **bleep** up's done during my house move. I need to set it up again so it comes out when it is supposed to .. How do you do this? Please don't tell me I have to phone up ... The last time I did that it took 4 different people to sort my problem out and a whole week of my life wasted.

To be clear, these instructions no longer work as it redirects you before you get there to the new portal, so you can't click the overview tab:

2. Click on the My Bills

3. Select the Overview tab

4. In the Your Direct Debit area, click Change Payment Method

5. Click Change Direct Debit details

Instead it redirects you to the following "care" page before you see the bills page load up:

https://care.virginmedia.com/care/my-virgin-media/billing

2 REPLIES 2

joejoewalters
Tuning in

Turns out it's just Chrome that redirects you, Edge doesn't ... Nice ... Not sure why it's designed to do that but it's annoying.

Anyway, looks like there is no way to set up my direct debit again even if I can get to the page ...

How can this be done?

Morning joejoewalters,

Thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to set up your direct debit information from your online account - I will ensure that this is feedback to the relevant team so it can be looked at.

I'll be happy to help get your direct debit set up from here - I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details.

Thanks.

Beth

Beth