cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Payment

SelThom
Joining in

I recently joined Virgin. First bill was May 2023, due to be taken around 23 May. I set up direct debit on 3 May for which I received confirmation. I have just received a bill for June 2023 which is significantly high because it includes the May bill, June bill and a late payment charge?! It is not my fault the payment was not taken, you have failed to take it. I presume this late payment charge can be credited back to me. Please advise on payment as I now have two outstanding months even though the direct debit is set up and active. 

5 REPLIES 5

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SelThom 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear these concerns about your billing and a late payment charge. We would need to take a closer look at your account and billing information to investigate what has happened here and then offer further support. We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you.

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for sending this over! 

Sincerest apologies about this! It looks like this happened due to the date your bill was generated vs the date the direct debit was due to leave the account. We can credit the late payment charge of £7.50 back to you as a billing adjustment, and you will see it as a reduction off the next generated bill. 

We sadly can't amend the one that has been already generated and printed, but we can make the adjustment for your next bill. (The one for July 2023). 

The credit has now been applied and is sat on the account ready for the next bill when it is generated. 
Please let me know if there is anything else you need for us to help? 
Thank you! All the best. 

Molly

So is the direct debit going to be taken or do I need to pay this now?

Any response to my message? Do I need to do a bank transfer to pay this or will the direct debit go through?

Hi Selina! 👋 Apologies for the delayed response, sadly your replies fell outside of my working hours and so I have just returned to the office from my 'weekend'. (The community forum is not an instant response service, so reply times can vary depending on staff working hours and availability). 

You have a direct debit set up on the account, and there is a pending payment due to leave your account on 26.06.23 

This payment has been amended to the amount of £178.82 

(£186.32 - the £7.50 late payment charge). 

You don't need to make a payment via direct bank transfer, unless you would prefer to change this to your payment method. 
I hope this helps explain things! Let me know if there is anything else you need support with. 

All the best. 🌞

Molly