cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Hell

howarthc
Tuning in

Dear Virgin Media staff, hello, customer of over 20 years, ex-employee. I updated my direct debit information recently as I changed banks. You failed to take payment and then charged me a late payment fee. So I paid the 19 August bill with a credit card which covers 2 months and the late payment fee. After paying via credit card the email receipt stated "card payments do not reduce your Direct Debit amount. Your scheduled payment will be attempted as previously advised", so in short - after the fact, you state that you will take the full amount of 2 months from my direct debit despite the fact I have paid already by credit card. Why is this happening?

1) I would like the late fee refunded as this was your error not mine
2) I want an assurance that you will not charge me £163.12 via direct debit as I have already paid this via credit card.

If you cannot assure me that you will not take an additional direct debit payment that I have already paid via credit card, then please cancel my direct debit completely as I will be moving to another provider and will make payment manually between now and when I move.

Attempted to call, no answer then rang off. Attempted text chat, gave up after 30 minutes waiting. What is happening with you guys?

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @howarthc,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks - I have responded to your PM, thanks for the quick response.

Hi Steven, not heard back since last Wednesday- can a colleague assist? 

Sorry @howarthc, I have been on annual leave and I apologise that this wasn't picked up in my absence.

I'm looking into this right now for you and will be in touch via private message, once I have any further updates on this for you.

Regards,

Steven_L