Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Direct Debit Change

I want to close the bank account that Virgin takes my direct debit from and set up a new direct debit from a different account. In my Virgin account theres a button which says you can do this. On pressing it I was told I couldn't do this because there was a payment due in 10 days or so. I paid this off with my debit card yesterday but again today the only option shown is make a payment (balance owing is shown as nil) or cancel. I don't particularly want to ring up as I expect they are very busy. Any ideas? TIA

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Direct Debit Change

If you make a manual payment to your account it doesn't affect the Direct Debit if it's already been arranged for the bill.

You will need to contact Virgin Media to resolve this now, otherwise you're going to double pay this month's bill.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, i have also had this problem. I want to change the bank account details used to pay my bills, but it said a bill was outstanding and that i could pay it early and then change the payment info. But 2 days since paying, i can still not change the payment info and i think i will be charged again for this month. 

I have tried getting in contact with virgin media but no one is taking any phone calls... this new messaging system is very unclear... please can you let me know how i can get in contact with someone at virgin media? (broadband)

thanks very much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello georginaduckett,

Sorry to hear you've been unable to change your bank details. Did you manage to update your account to clear that message or is it still not up to date? Please let us know so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

Making the one time payment has still not cleared the message saying there is an outstanding direct debit to be taken and so i have not been able to change the payment info.

please let me know how i can do this as it is very important this is changed. 

Thanks

Georgina

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming for me Georgina. I'll send you a Private Message so I can take a closer look at your details.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos