Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dire VM Customer Support

I know VM customer support is lacklustre but they have plunged new depths in my discussions with them during the past 2 days. I have an agreement coming to an end in 2 weeks when the price will increase by £17 for 100Mbs broadband and Anytime calls off contract. VM hadn't offered me a follow on deal so I phoned them 2 days ago to discuss options. Here is what happened.

1. Agent offered a deal for £35 per month which I expressed an interest in provided it started on expiry of my existing deal. He then went away to type up the details but didn't come back after an hour so I hung up expecting him to call back.
  2. That evening I received a new agreement for £39 (not what we discussed) with an incorrect early start date. I had to phone up to cancel the agreement which was null and void on issue since it had not been agreed with me.
  3. I was then bounced back to a 50Mbs broadband package at the wrong price effective from the wrong date yesterday (not mid month) which was inferior to my expiring agreement.
  4. Another phone call restored the 100Mbs service at the right off contract price. I told the agent to reinstate the original effective off contract date mid month but this wasn't actioned.
  5. That resulted in an extra charge which took another half hour of discussion to correct (I hope!).

In the meantime I've complained by letter and will walk to another supplier at lower cost if VM decide not to offer me a good deal after 30 years as a customer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dire VM Customer Support

Hi sc489,

Thanks for posting, I'm very sorry to hear of the confusion with your package and pricing, 

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you managed to speak to an agent yesterday and this seems to be in hand.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

For some reason, VM has created multiple complaints. I got an email saying one has been closed since nobody could contact me but no attempt to contact was made. I'm still waiting for VM to reply to my letter sent 2 weeks ago with an acceptable offer to match the one recently expired.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update, we don't do package changes on the forum but if you'd like to look at available deals for you in the meantime you can do so with the team on 150/0345 454 1111 options 1, 4 then 4. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I gave up talking to phone agents since they have no authority to make good offers. The action is with a VM manager to review my letter and reply.

0 Kudos